Classification: Inspector Grade 4
Employment Status: Ongoing, Full-Time
• Are you looking to provide specialist technical advice and project manage the technical response to significant safety and health incidents?
• Are you able to provide technical leadership and advice when dealing with principal mining hazards and high risk activities at mines?
The Department of Planning and Environment is the lead NSW Government agency in planning for a growing NSW.
The Department’s vision – Planning for a growing NSW: inspiring strong communities, protecting our environment – provides the benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to engaging and working collaboratively with key State and Local Government, community and industry stakeholders to deliver better outcomes in the areas of planning, local government and the environment
Primary purpose of the role: Support the mine safety strategic plan by providing guidance and technical expertise on the principal hazards
associated with mining engineering.
You must read the following documents prior to preparing your application:
Applying for a role in the NSW public Sector
Job Notes: A Recruitment Pool may be established for future temporary and ongoing roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from OEH and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 12 month period.
• Provide your personal information as prompted
• Attach your resume that sets out your education, work history and other facts about yourself that relate to the role (maximum of 4 pages);
• Attach a cover letter that is relevant to the role (maximum of 1 page).
• Complete all the questions in the online application. Two of the questions will require you to provide specific examples from your experience (4000 character limit per question). These questions are shown below. Do not address these in your cover letter.
Q1. Please describe a significant safety and health incident that you were managed. What recommendations did you make at the time and how did your recommendations affect how the incident was managed?
Q2. Please describe an unsafe or unethical behaviour that you encountered within your own team. How did you approach the matter and what was the eventual resolution?
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behaviour indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
DPE is committed to providing a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace. We are also committed to offering flexible work arrangements where possible. Candidates should discuss options available for this role with the hiring manager.
On 1 April 2017 the Resources Regulator and Division of Resources & Energy were moved to Department of Planning & Environment from NSW Department of Industry. Please don't be concerned if you see references to each Department as we manage the transition.