We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Queensland Rail are currently seeking a Signal / Systems Maintainer in Townsville to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical signalling equipment including standby generator plants if applicable, and report on the performance and condition of the asset to ensure it is safe and in effective operation.
As the Signal Maintainers work on signalling equipment throughout Northern Queensland some travel and on call duties are requirements.
The responsibilities of our Signal Maintainers include:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing mechanical signalling equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Maintaining and repairing standby generator plants in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual maintenance performed verses the scheduled maintenance program and equipment performance and condition irregularities for defined section of responsibility.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of assuring and continuously improving quality.
The successful applicant will be motivated to perform Protection Officer duties when required. As a Protection Officer you will be empowered to proactively and autonomously coordinate access and documentation of your allocated worksites, which are on or near the track, assisting work groups to ensure safety and environmental incidents do not occur. Importantly, you will also ensure compliance with Queensland Rail Standards and other Safety Legislation is maintained.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Mechanical Rail Signalling.
- National C Class Drivers Licence.
- Skill in installation and maintenance of mechanical signalling equipment.
- Sound interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment and Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 28691 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8am, Monday the 18th of December 2017. Please ensure you attach copies of your qualifications and licences.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity call Candis on 07 3072 5448.