Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail is dedicated to increasing rail patronage through improved reliability, frequency of services and making rail travel the transport mode of choice in Queensland. We are committed to building a better passenger business by connecting with customers, improving frontline services and facilitating Queensland’s growth and development.
Queensland Rail has an exciting 12 month fixed term opportunity for a commercially savvy and experienced leader to provide direction to project support staff and delivery partners across Rail Operations Projects and Rail Infrastructure Program as well as identify opportunities for cross-initiative coordination and integration of support to ensure consistency across teams.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the Group has an effective and efficient commercial framework and delivery support to facilitate the execution of the program. Oversight of project controls, project and program accounting, coordination of project assurance activities and the facilitation of reporting associated with the program. The role provides leadership and direction to project support staff and delivery partners within their own area of responsibility and across the Projects Delivery group, identifying opportunities for cross-initiative coordination and integration of support to ensure consistency across teams.
A strong background in commercial and system (excel and SAP R/3) management will be highly advantageous in this position. Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring diverse teams along with your ability to implement best practice and enhanced performance will ensure your success in this role.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Lead a support team that provides project support services across the projects teams ensuring reporting and financial data is accurate and up to date for project managers and program managers.
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient and streamlined system of effective project control reporting tools, working with the Projects Control Manager for the Rail Operations Program to ensure consistencies.
- Manage the commercial accountability and issues for the Rail Infrastructure Program, including:
- Coordinating financial and business performance reporting
- Maintenance of systems to provide information on the capital programs
- Financial performance
- Producing and distributing high quality financial and operational reports in a timely manner
- Monitoring the effectiveness of all accounting systems and procedures.
- Lead and co-ordinate all commercial and business aspects of the Rail Infrastructure Program in accordance with the Project Governance Framework.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Advanced excel, along with demonstrated skill in the application of SAP R/3.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to lead a support team that provides financial and project support services across projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain a system of effective project control reporting tools, to monitor and report on the health and performance of Projects and Programs to senior stakeholders
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate all commercial and business aspects in accordance with the Project Governance Framework.
- Ability to provide financial, commercial and project support advice to managers, senior managers and peers.
- Ability to liaise with and support the Project Support Manager and Manager Project Delivery Office in the tracking and reporting of program and project progress against key milestones, cost planning and risk management.
If you can demonstrate previous experience in the above criteria please apply to position number #56393 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant skills, knowledge and experience by 9am Wednesday 24th April 2018
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Starting Salary $116,000 plus Superannuation. In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Queensland Rail may require the preferred candidate to undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen as part of the selection process.