We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Due to internal movement there is a new opportunity available for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Traction Power Team, based at Dutton Park Depot in Brisbane.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Complete inspections and documentation of traction distribution projects in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with safety and quality principles
- Undertake investigations into aspects of the traction distribution system, as directed, ensuring compliance with safety and quality principles
- Provide advice on all aspects of traction distribution systems to internal and external clients
- Carry out audits for construction and maintenance of traction distribution equipment
- Attend and complete testing and commissioning of traction distribution projects
- Be proactive in improving traction construction processes and other procedures used in SEQ Traction Power
- Meet performance criteria and reporting deadlines
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- High level of knowledge of traction distribution design and standards, quality processes and document control
- High level of knowledge of construction and maintenance activities for traction distribution and traction power systems
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake an NHS Category 3 medical including an alcohol and drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
This position has a starting salary of $103,995 + Super + allowances for any overtime worked. All Queensland Rail employees enjoy free rail travel (on duty days only) along with a generous superannuation scheme.
Apply to position number 16465 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am Monday 28th May 2018.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callTali Butler on (07) 3072 1309.