Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Contract Adviser, you will be responsible for managing contracts and relationships with an allocated portfolio of major vendors. You will also be responsible for improving the performance of suppliers to achieve commercial outcomes, meet legislative requirements and contribute to continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage contracts and relationships to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and policy requirements
- Conduct performance reviews of contracts to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness and ensure goods and services meet quality requirements as specified in relevant contracts.
- Regularly review prices, contract terms and conditions, and key performance indicators for major goods and services with suppliers
- Participate in the development and monitoring of metrics to track progress and benefits of contract arrangements and maintain these metrics for process improvement, supplier management and Procurement management representatives.
- Participate in formal benchmarking processes to determine 'best in class' strategies to improve vendor performance
Ideally you will come from a strong office administration background and be proficient in Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint. The ability to build strong working relationships is paramount to this role as is a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Position Description 65981.pdf
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 65981 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Wednesday the 31st of July 2019. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.