Engineering Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Simplot Australia is a food manufacturing and agriculture business encompassing potato, vegetable, seafood, and sauce operations that supply a wide range of frozen, shelf-stable and chilled products to Australia and New Zealand's major retail and food service customers.
As a leading provider of quality, nourishing and sustainable food, we are focussed on creating food Australians and New Zealanders love by maximising value from the best Australian-grown produce and global seafood. Our iconic brands have been an integral part of Australian life for generations, and include the likes of Leggo's, Birds Eye, Edgell, John West and Chiko.
We have five manufacturing sites in Australia and six sales sites and employ almost 2000 people across these operations. We are an integral part of the global J.R. Simplot Company.
Culture & Benefits
At Simplot, we are fuelled by our purpose: We Contribute to Feeding Our World. We imagine a better future and set goals to reach it. We are committed to working as one Simplot and are guided by our shared values:
- Respect for Resources
- Spirit of Innovation
- Passion for People
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We care about creating an environment that promotes safety and wellbeing and where our people feel supported, respected and empowered. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and are committed to providing equal opportunities for all our team members.
Simplot is passionate about cultivating a future where good ideas and inspiring possibilities have the chance to grow. We want our team members to build exciting and fulfilling careers with us and offer professional and personal growth opportunities.
- A variety of engaging Health and Wellbeing programs
- Diverse Leadership Development Programs and Professional Development Support
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program
- Bonus incentives
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Novated Car Leasing Agreements
- Income Protection Insurance
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
About our Role
- Strategically lead and manage the Maintenance and site Project Engineering departments
- Plan, schedule and control the site's reliability, asset management and engineering project activities
- Based at our food manufacturing facility in Kelso, regional New South Wales
A fantastic opportunity now exists for an Engineering Manager to join the team at our Kelso food manufacturing plant in regional New South Wales. A truly operationally strategic role, your engineering focus will drive preventative maintenance optimisation and reliability improvements as well as oversee capital project activities at site
What will you do
Reporting to the Plant Manager and part of the site leadership team, you will lead and manage the Maintenance department to effectively plan, schedule and control the site's asset management and engineering project activities. This will be in line with best practice systems, techniques and budgetary requirements in order to optimise plant OEE, employee safety, reliability effectiveness and operational costs.
- Working collaboratively and cross functionally with the site team, your key challenges will be:
- Leading and optimising asset reliability at the lowest practicable cost.
- Implementation of strategic, leading practice maintenance work management systems and asset care strategies.
- Leading company initiatives and contributing to the achievement of site scorecard metrics.
- Successful deployment of Lean Manufacturing across all facets of the site operations.
- Continuous improvement and ongoing maintenance of the site's CMMS and maintenance documentation.
- You are a tertiary qualified Engineer (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical).
- You are an experienced Engineering Manager within a Food / FMCG or related manufacturing environment.
- You hold excellent computer skills (CMMS - MEX, JDE, MS office).
- Experienced in a manufacturing / production environment, you are proficient with Lean principles and hold the ability to engage with the shop floor.
A supportive relocation package will be provided if applying from interstate/intrastate.
If this sounds like you, then please apply online.
Applications close Friday 24th November 2023.
Simplot is an equal opportunity employer and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you feel you would be a great addition to our team please apply online today, we would love to hear from you. If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 24 Nov 2023
- NSW - Kelso
- Competitive salary and people benefits
- Work Type:
- Full Time