Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles.
With approximately 850 employees Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
We have a 12 month opportunity for and Engineering Officer in our Technical Information Services to take responsibility for specific substation and HV system operating diagrams and associated documentation, and coordinating the design drafting services to various parts of the business
Join a customer focused team – contributing to data lifecycle management, data governance and data quality activities of the team - you will take responsibility for a considerable level of decision making, design, planning, and interaction, with varying levels of stakeholder involvement.
Your functions of this position include:
- Manage the preparation and updates for, and provide advice and guidance on, System and Substation Operating Diagrams and associated documentation of the HV network for the Asset Manager
- Review Substation Operating Diagrams adding operational nomenclature, tripping points for protection and updating manufacturer’s details from SAP.
- Manage drawing investigations of electrical drawings for compliance
- Prepare, create, and update drawings and provide advice to Network Operations and Project Engineers on the latest HVI nomenclature changes for utilisation in project scoping and reporting to the asset manager.
- Manage the drawing, updates and distribution of the Generation & Transmission System Diagram to enable the accurate representation of our network to various stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of the HVOP environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Formal qualifications in CAD or equivalent discipline, preferably at Associate Diploma level (or equivalent extensive professional experience).
- Extensive experience in working with, producing and reviewing engineering documents.
- Significant experience in applying document compliance standards, policy and procedure in practice.
- Significant experience with CAD systems, with working knowledge of related tools and applications.
What’s on offer:
This temporary role provides a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits and opportunities for development.
As an EEO employer Powerlink is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.
If you would like to join us please click on the "Apply" button below to apply.
Applications close at 8:00am Monday, 16 July 2018.
Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
For further information about this opportunity contact Powerlink’s recruitment team and please see the position description below for further information.
Position Description - Engineering Officer 2018.pdf