Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion. Powerlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In this temporary, 24 months, Project Manager role you will direct the project teams in the end-to-end delivery of a number of Powerlink's high voltage engineering projects. You will manage specific project outcomes incl. scope, budget, schedule, quality, procurement, resources, communications and risks.
You will require to operate effectively across different functional groups and divisions. This capability will be a critical factor to the position’s overall success.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Complete project planning including scheduling, resourcing, and communication to achieve project outcomes
- Manage a multidisciplinary project team in the delivery of allocated projects and operational outcomes, managing time, risks, costs and resources.
- Prepare contract documentation to manage suppliers/contractors and relevant contracts and delivery conditions.
- Ensure design is sufficient and available to allow integration of the project solutions into the operational network.
- Proactively build and maintain effective relationships,
Demonstrated knowledge and experience:
- Project- and construction management, preferably in the electrical industry.
- Managing projects related to complex high voltage electricity networks.
- Manage and implement project management systems and practices incl. risk management, cost control and schedule control strategies.
- Ideally you will have a Degree level or Tertiary qualification in an engineering or an equivalent discipline or equivalent competency.
Demonstrated Success in:
- Strong communication, organisation and problem solving skills to manage all aspects of project management.
- Achieving results through matrix structures and developing cooperative working relationships with internal and external resources.
- Determine the best customer options regarding project scope, design and construction.
- Managing time and others to meet project targets.
- Ensuring that all issues and strategies are properly documented and contract obligations and requirements are managed appropriately.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit an application by clicking the “apply now” button. Applications close at 8:00 pm Sunday 17 November 2019. For further information about this opportunity please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team at email@example.com.
At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.