About the Capital Projects Department
This department is part of our City Services Division, and is the delivery arm responsible for creating diverse infrastructure that ensures the municipality is a thriving, inclusive and sustainable place to be.
About the role
This position is responsible for managing assigned capital projects which involves communication with stakeholders to ensure positive project outcomes, and the ability to provide specialist advice.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Effective delivery of assigned capital projects, including streetscape projects, building projects, civil projects, landscaping projects, sports ovals and sports reserve developments, playgrounds, skate parks and toilet blocks.
- Provide supervision in relation to project delivery including: project formulation (scope planning, budgeting and programming); development of consultant and design briefs; management of subsequent engagements and issue resolution
- Prepare contract documentation including drawings, specifications and other items specific to individual projects
- Effectively supervise construction phases of projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to specifications set out in contracts
- Ensure that effective project reporting mechanisms are implemented meeting the needs of the Director, Councillors, key stakeholders and corporate reporting requirements
- Ensure effective communication and liaison processes with stakeholders including service managers, Councillors and end user groups are implemented.
- Provide specialist advice and assistance to Unit staff on complex and political issues relating to the portfolio under close supervision and with clear guidelines.
- Ensure Occupational Health & Safety requirements are met in relation to staff and works areas under the officers control.
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated experience in project management in either the construction management (civil or building) or recreation facilities areas.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of judgement to enable quality decision making within a project management context.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with a range of stakeholders (both external and internal, including Councillors) to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communications and consultation skills.
- A good knowledge of the construction industry and an understanding of local government.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member/leader of a team, often working to strict deadlines on infrastructure projects of a social and cultural nature.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Brett Allen | 03 5272 4037 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 24 November 2017.