- $81K + Super
- Full time permanent role with Fortnightly RDO
- Exciting projects and fantastic team
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Within the Open Space Design and Development Unit at Moreland City Council, the Landscape Construction Team is growing from four to six full time positions. Working alongside an exceptional team of Landscape Architects, Project Managers, an Open Space Planner and Natural Resource Management Officers, the Landscape Construction Team focusses on construction of Council's park, creek and playground improvement projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Landscape Construction Team Leader, with advanced knowledge of landscape construction and horticultural principles and practices, and exceptional leadership qualities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination of a landscape team, with a focus on play space and park asset development in a local government setting
- A diploma or Certificate III in Landscape Construction, Horticulture or other relevant discipline
- Computer literacy/proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate small teams
- Ability to work in accordance with Council’s values at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Alli Coster Unit Manager Open Space Design & Design on 0408 322 303
Applications close: 10pm, 2 August 2020
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.