Mechanical Street Sweeper Driver / Operator - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Mechanical Street Sweeper Driver / Operator
- Salary - $77,862.63 + Super
- Full time permanent role 12hr day rotating roster
- 5 weeks annual leave
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a street sweeper driver/operator to be part of their Street Cleansing Unit. Located in Hadfield, the City Operations Centre is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work in accordance with developed rosters and work practices in which starting times may vary from 3:30am to 7.30 am and includes:
- General cleaning throughout the municipality including but not limited to;
- Sweeping of shopping/activity Centres
- Residential streets and car parks
- Footpaths and Street Sweeping both mechanical and manual means
- Removal of dumped rubbish including litter, deceased animals, sharps (syringes)
- Litter bin collection
- Pits and drains cleaning, including combo truck
- Participate in regular overtime to service the needs of the Saturday morning and Sunday morning programs.
- A truck license (MR) is mandatory.
You will also be required to operate a range of plant and equipment where necessary to carry out required cleaning and report any defects of Council assets as well as identify any danger to the general public such as fallen branches, pot holes, unsafe fences and broken pit lids whilst undertaking duties.
To be successful in this position you must be someone who enjoys contact with the community and working within a dynamic team to ensure Councils Street Cleansing services are delivered to a top standard.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Knowledge and skills for the safe and competent driving of a Medium Rigid vehicle.
- Understanding of vehicle safety standards
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills including the ability to undertake daily minor service of the Mechanical Street Sweeper.
- Basic skills to understand the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- Basic skills to undertake First Aid. (Level 2 First Aid Certificate)
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- 12hr per day rotating roster over a 70-hour fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Alan Nind – Works Officer Programmed Services on 0417 524 728.
Applications close: 5.30 pm, 13 August 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence, Medium Rigid Licence, First Aid and CPR Training. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Aug 2021
- VIC - Hadfield
- $77,862.63 + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time