About the role
Above all, we value the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. Our Safety team is committed to driving this culture right across the business. Through raising awareness and support, and guiding each other on best practices, we’re building a happier, safer and more energised workplace every day.
Due to the current COVID – 19 situation and our teams needing extra support, we are looking to bring on board 2 Safety Advisors for 12-month fixed term opportunities. The roles can be based in Victoria or New South Wales.
Working across multiple stores, you’ll partner with the Regional Managers and Operations team to coach, mentor and guide the business to sustain a proactive safety culture.
What you’ll be doing
Using your demonstrated experience and passion for delivering a great safety culture within a multi-site business, your key focus will be to guide process and practice to ensure the safety and well-being of both our customers and team members.
Other ways you can make an impact:
- investigating workplace safety and food safety incidents in order to develop effective controls across the business
- supporting and delivering training initiatives across a number of regions in the state
- delivering a reduction in team member incidents, food safety risks and customer incidents
- understanding and analysing state incidents and trends, in order to share learnings and frame corrective strategies
- Help with COVID-19 response and support the business and team members
Good things you’ll need
We are looking for a safety professional who can adapt to changing environments and work flexibly. You are articulate, process driven and good with excel and picking up computer systems.
You’ll also need:
- formal qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety and/or behavioural psychology
- experience in food retail, food manufacturing or food safety
- demonstrated experience in a similar advisor/business partner position across a multi-site business
- a successful track record of identifying root cause through investigation of serious incidents
- demonstrated leadership and stakeholder engagement with strong communication skills and an ability to influence without authority
- strong ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic business
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Coles Group – Work180 Endorsed Employer
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.