Remuneration: Salary range between $74,521 and $77,764 plus commuter use of a Council vehicle and 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 23/4/2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position will carry out the functions of a Plumbing Inspector for Council as defined by the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002, under the supervision of Council's Co-ordinator - Plumbing.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking an experienced trade qualified Plumber/Drainer to work as part of the Building and Plumbing services team within our Planning and Development Directorate. We are looking for a candidate who is not only technically experienced in the plumbing trade with an analytical approach to problem solving, but who also possesses a strong customer care focus with a respectful approach to conflict resolution and excellent communication skill with both internal and external customers.
As Inspector - Plumbing, you could expect to be responsible for:
- Plumbing inspections on new works or renovations
- The assessment of Plumbing applications within prescribed time frames set by the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002.
- Responding to customer enquiries and/or investigations in accordance with Branch Policies and procedures.
- A continuous improvement approach to policy and procedure development and review.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- A current QLD Plumbers and Drainers Licence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the assessment and certification process of plumbing applications for Class 1 and 10 buildings.
- Expert knowledge of the relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes that regulate the plumbing industry.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skill to facilitate the preparation of written reports and correspondence, and to facilitate clear communications with internal and external customers.
- Computer literacy.
- A demonstrated ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team.
Desirable for this role will be:
- An associate diploma in Applied Science (Construction Hydraulics) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and certification of plumbing applications for Class 2-9 buildings.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Building and Plumbing, Richard Prout on (phone) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.