Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to implement and develop a contemporary customer focused water business unit. As such, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for the experienced and qualified treatment plant operator with a proven track record in the industry to be part of the inception process that will build a modern water and sewerage business which is underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Operator - Treatment Operations.
Remuneration: $58,644 per annum with 13% superannuation.
Closing Date: Sunday 30 April 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position will assist the Senior Operator with the operation and maintenance of Council's Water and/or Sewerage Treatment Plants ensuring that operations contribute to the highest quality of service to our customers, including compliance with Regulators.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a qualified and experienced Treatment Plant Operator who is self motivated and willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Initially based from the Gympie Sewerage Treatment Plant, we need someone who is responsive and technically minded with an ability to problem-solve. The candidate who has treatment operation experience, diagnostic skills and mechanical ability, including knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pumps will do well in this role.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Certificate III in Water and Sewerage Treatment Operations.
- Relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of a water and/or sewerage treatment plant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage.
- Demonstrated computer operation skills including reporting and field date capture.
- Knowledge of SCADA and telemetry systems.
- A knowledge of quality assurance and maintenance management systems.
- An understanding of water and waste water reticulation and collection systems.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Supervisor - Treatment Operations, Ross Gibbs on 54810712 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.