Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $75,862 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 27 May 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
Previous applicants need not apply.
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join our Procurement Team within the Corporate and Community Services Directorate.
The Procurement Team is part of the wider Finance and Risk Branch of Gympie Regional Council.
This pivotal role is required to provide professional and administrative Support, advice and assistance to Gympie Regional Council Directorates in all tendering and contract management functions, including support and advice in relation to the preparation, issuing and evaluation of Council's Contracts.
The role is also responsible for ensuring all contract, procurement and tendering activities are in accordance with adopted policies and procedures and compliant with all relevant legislation, including the Local Government Act, and will be responsible for:
- Management of Council’s Contracts and Quotation Register.
- Prepare public Tender and Quotation documentation, inclusive of specifications, tender response requirements, and appropriate conditions of contract when required.
- Prepare and facilitate public tender, expression of interest, selected tender and quotation processes in accordance with Council Policy, including the publishing of documents, registering and distribution of responses.
- Preparation of contractual documents.
- Provide assistance, advice and training on contractual and procurement matters to Council staff as required.
- Provide formal input into the development and review of Council policy, procedures and processes as required.
- Contribute to Council’s Procurement Strategy and Procurement Better Practice.
- Low to moderate legal review and advice commensurate with the risk of the procurement.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- A formal qualification or minimum 5 years’ experience in a procurement related discipline.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and understanding of contemporary better practice in contractual and tendering processes and associated rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulations 2012 with regards to tendering and contractual arrangement practices.
- High level of document preparation skills, including drafting, preparing, proof checking and publishing external documents to the required Council standard.
- High level computer skills, including demonstrated experience with a range of Microsoft Office Products, Adobe and Internet based third party portal products.
- Demonstrated experience in tendering and contractual function in-house or induction training.
- Demonstrated experience and practical knowledge in a contract law context.
Although not mandatory, it would be advantageous for applications to have:
- Previous experience or knowledge of Authority financial management program.
- Certificate IV in Training and Education
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Tony McCarthy, Coordinator - Procurement on 5481 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email email@example.com