About the Organisation
Gympie Regional Council (GRC) is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Gympie Regional Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward-thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $86,602 pa plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th February 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
About the Opportunity
GRC now has an excellent opportunity for an organised and driven Principal Maintenance Engineer to join the Infrastructure Services team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to Road Asset Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for leading the technical and planning arm of the Road Maintenance team.
Your role scope will include provision of technical support to the Infrastructure Maintenance Delivery and Road Asset Management teams and programming and coordinating the delivery of contract works for Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Your day to day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the planning of Unit activities in line with Legislation, Council’s Policies, and Procedures to mitigate non-compliances.
- Coordinating the technical planning arm of road maintenance to deliver maintenance investigations, and treatment selection along with responding to customer enquiries.
- Providing project and contract management services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of contracts for the Department of Transport and Main Roads and other minor contracts as required
- Providing technical support to the maintenance delivery team and asset management team
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems for the monitoring and reporting of metrics for the Unit’s activities.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Kymbeline Russell, Advisor - Human Resources (Acting) on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org