Mechanic - Team Leader
Darebin City Council are hiring a team leader - Motor Mechanic to ensure servicing of fleet and plant vehicles are maintained Join Council as a full-time, permanent member of fleet services. We encourage both female and male applicants to apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the day labour workforce to ensure that all activities are carried out effectively.
- Scheduling the day to day work of both Heavy and Light plant service and repairs.
- Ensuring that adequate resources are available to complete tasks on time to budget and to set standards.
- Managing Plant and Equipment including waste vehicles, heavy vehicles, turf care and Councils varied range of motor vehicles.
- Carrying out maintenance and repairs to Council's heavy vehicle, major and minor plant.
- Attending Toolbox Meetings and Safety Meetings.
To be successful you are required to have the below qualifications and/or licences:
- Qualified diesel motor mechanic with postgraduate trade qualifications.
- Certificate 3 in Automotive Mechanical Technology Heavy Vehicle.
- Current Heavy Rigid Victorian Driver’s License.
- Current Forklift licence.
You also will have:
- Experience in the maintenance of diesel plant and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry and safety standards and ability to carry out safety checks on all plant and vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training in the correct usage of plant and equipment.
Benefits of joining:
- Training and professional development opportunities – annual incremental salary increases.
- Flexible working options and arrangements available – can work hours around child drop offs and pick ups.
- Work a 38-hour week, across a nine day fortnight.
- Social activities and social club.
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
- Opportunities for secondments and promotions within the local government and wider Victorian Public Sector.
- Supportive and inclusive culture.
For specific enquiries about the position, please contact Idris Demaj, Workforce Coordinator on 03 8470 8788.
How to apply:
Submit your application online, with your up-to-date resume. You are also required to address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application. Cover letters are not mandatory.
Applications close Thursday, 12th December 2019 at 12pm.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.