Team Leader Operations Compliance - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent, Full Time Position
- Salary circa $101k p.a. + super
- Flexible work opportunities including job share, flexible hours, working from home
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
Working across Council's City Works and Parks and Environment departments, the Team Leader will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of operational policies and programs, staff and contractor coordination as well as finance and procurement requirements within both City Works and Parks and Environment departments.
The role will also focus on leading the management of all Operation Centre based services correspondence with customers and play a key leadership role in leading and driving customer service excellence.
- Lead all aspects of the Customer Experience within the teams
- Participate in the strategic outlook of the unit with particular emphasis on customer service
- Provide support, leadership and direction to Coordinator’s, Team Leaders and employees
- Monitor and report on the departments performance against its compliance framework and policies;
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s and several years of achievement in business management
- Capacity to effectively lead and manage staff, including ability to facilitate employee development, model expected behaviours, and manage performance
- Extensive understanding of operation services delivery principles and practices and their application to local government
- Detailed working knowledge of operation centre based services, with ability to prepare comprehensive, evidence-based reports to inform decision-making
- Sound financial management and strategic planning skills
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
Contact Abdullahi Ahmed, Coordinator Operations Contracts & Compliance at Abdullahi.email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Thursday 16th September at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment
- Closing Date:
- 16 Sep 2021
- VIC - Reservoir
- Salary circa $101k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time