- Join a leading FMCG, food manufacturer
- Management of Engineering projects across state sites, Melbourne Based
- 5-10 years' engineering and project management experience
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more.
Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer, based at one of our Melbourne manufacturing sites. Primarily this role will manage site based engineering projects alongside supporting the delivery of smaller capital works projects across the VIC/TAS/SA regions.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide excellent project management capability and engineering technical skills
- Play a crucial role in managing key projects towards best practice manufacturing capability for the sites
- Prepare project proposals detailing the business opportunity, justification, operational implications, timelines and costs
- Lead the development of engineered solutions to deliver lower operating costs, lower maintenance costs, improved equipment reliability, with optimum product consistency
- Manage internal and external stakeholders towards commercially sound outcomes
- Ensure an ongoing focus on lifecycle product costs, process efficiency and innovation
- Financial management of a program of works within portfolio
- Lead risk management and safety throughout Projects
- Ability to self-manage workloads with urgency within timelines and multiple projects within deliverables
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automation)
- Certificate or formal qualification in Project Management highly regarded
- 5-10 years' engineering and project management experience, preferably within a FMCG/ food and beverage manufacturing environment
- Understanding of contracting principles and contract management
- Ability to develop positive working relationships quickly
- An understanding of end-to-end supply chain drivers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong stakeholder management
- Ability to thrive and perform in periods of change, complexity and ambiguity
- Suite of project management tools and software applications such as SAP
- Ability for travel occasionally to operating locations locally and interstate as necessary
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
Sounds like your next career move, what are you waiting for, apply now!