At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in business! Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing.
Fulton Hogan's Industries Business is currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to support NSW. You will be reporting directly into the Industries General Manager and you will be the main conduit for ensuring safety across the Industries business.
The role will be based at Minto in Sydney’s South West and the successful candidate will be required to travel and undertake site and business unit visits on a regular basis.
You day to day will be:
- Help lead and continually develop our strong Health and Safety culture
- Actively drive Fulton Hogan’s company Workplace Health and Safety initiatives
- Plan, organise and implement WHS strategies to meet the agreed safety targets
- Provision of up to date advice in regard to WHS matters
- Ensure that Company safety rules and procedures are made known and followed and if gaps are identified implement corrective action.
- Work with the General Manager – Industries to develop our safety strategy and manage audits and risk assessments to ensure compliance across all areas – initiate improvement strategies where required
- Monitor the systems, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with safety legislation in accordance with Fulton Hogan’s safety management system.
- Monitor company training logs and identify up skilling opportunities for Fulton Hogan employees.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety
- Recent experience in an Safety Manager position within an industrial or civil construction industry
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a desire to create change through culture and relationships
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Evidence based and professional research & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of HS&E principles and regulations, Industrial Relations and Employee Relations Regulations, and of Workers Compensation Legislation
- Ability to travel to site locations on a regular basis
- Fulton Hogan are one of the industry leaders when it comes to retention. We foster and develop our people from within
- At Fulton Hogan, we offer some of the best conditions and flexibility arrangements in the industry.
- We invest heavily in creating a workplace culture that encourages ownership and empowerment
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
*No agency applications will be considered*