Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
A bit about us:
As a national energy supplier, our vision & purpose is to become Australia’s most admired Energy Company transforming positive energy into sustainable growth.
Alinta Energy began retailing gas in WA and we’re now a diverse company operating 9 power stations, managing fuel sources & transportation and ensuring competitive prices through our wholesale market operations. We retail electricity and gas in Victoria and SA and are the new retailer in NSW and Queensland. The future will see us expanding throughout Australia.
What you'll be doing:
Primarily you will be focused on supporting the Retail Leadership and their direct team in achieving Alinta’s Safety Vision. Expertly guiding and aligning the business from a functional leadership perspective on safety strategies, plans, policies and standards across a diverse operational group.
Key to your success in this role will be using your influencing skills to build and embed a safety culture into the retail team.
This is an opportunity to further your career in an industry experiencing huge growth, utilising your initiative and judgment within a supportive team environment. You will experience real career momentum at Alinta Energy.
Here’s the role in more detail:
- Develop and deliver strategic, operational and tactical improvement plans
- Provide recommendations for HSE initiatives facilitating efficient and improved safety outcomes Develop and deliver an internal auditing and inspection program
- Foster an employee culture focused on a ‘Safety First’ approach
- Ensure regulatory HSE obligations are met
- Performance reporting and risk oversight and management
- Ensure office-based safety committees are operating effectively
What we're looking for:
- At least five years relevant industry experience
- Proven experience in developing strategic and operational HSE plans
- Innovative approach to solutions in a changing and complex market
- Highly effective influencer and seasoned presenter
- Passionate about safety and the commitment to the delivery of a ‘Zero’ Harm outcome
- Thrives in an autonomous environment
- Experienced in project management and delivery
- Gets a kick out being the specialist and delivering valuable change
You work with people that know success first hand. They share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
People matter at Alinta Energy… let’s spread the positive energy together!
Closing date: 24th November 2017
- Closing Date:
- 24 Nov 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety & Environment
Power Generation and Distribution