- Do you have a background in Parks and Reserve? Looking for the next step in your career?
- Do you have great leadership skills? Passionate about driving change?
This is your chance to be a part of shaping the future of Darwin.
City of Darwin have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead our Parks and Reserves section. Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, is dynamic, different, diverse and constantly evolving as Australia's most cosmopolitan city and this is your chance to be a part of shaping our future.
We offer a great range of benefits including:
- Six weeks annual leave and three weeks personal leave;
- Salary packaging options;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Wellbeing programs and social clubs;
- A fantastic working environment; and
- A tropical lifestyle within a capital city.
Relocation assistance may be offered to the successful candidate.
In this role you will you will provide leadership and management to Team Leaders responsible for the daily work programmes across three precincts. You will have control and input over forward planning for annual maintenance and capital programs meaning you can directly impact on the future of Darwin.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this role?
- A Tertiary qualification in a related discipline e.g. landscape, horticulture, arboriculture;
- Experience in managing multi-faceted workforce in a similar position;
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, and motivating staff to deliver high performance and customer focused outcomes;
- Experience in the preparation and management of budgets; and
- Local government experience would be an advantage.
Start your Career@TheTop today!
Applications close 5pm Monday 8 May 2017
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applicants will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
To view the position description and submit an application visit our website www.darwin.nt.gov.au and click on the Careers@TheTop quicklink.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Kerry Smith, Manager Infrastructure Maintenance on 08 8980 3654.
Chief Executive Officer