Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family-friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
About Us – City Of Darwin
Our Vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour’. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES’ * Customer service * Accountability * Respect *Excellence and * Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
The City of Darwin offers attractive salaries along with generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, district allowance and salary sacrifice options.
As the largest local government in the Northern Territory, City of Darwin is a significant catalyst in the local economy, with a capital spend of $59 million in 2019/20. Building on its leadership role, Council is is implementing best practice, market leading procurement policy and procedures and is seeking an experienced Senior Procurement Advisor to play a leading role in promoting a strong culture of continuous improvement. Reporting to the Risk Audit and Insurance Specialist, this role will be responsible for the effective and consistent delivery of procurement and contract administration management services across the City of Darwin.
A key component of this role is to implement a centralised, fair and transparent procurement process in accordance with City of Darwin’s Policy and Legislative requirements to achieve value for money procurement outcomes.The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work autonomously across the organisation to support employees on procurement matters, ensuring consistency and compliance in sourcing and procurement practices.
- Provide strategic advice to enable stakeholders to gain maximum benefit from contracted services and support key stakeholders to manage supplier disputes and performance deficiencies.
- Provide expertise and advice on the development of strategic and innovative procurement practices.
- Write submissions and reports for senior stakeholderson procurement outcomes.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes to ensure regular reviews of the status of individual contracts and assist in managing the contracting program, including issuing new contracts within expected timeframes
- Ensure contract processes and procedures are adhered to by City of Darwin employees in accordance with Australian Standards, Legislation, Council policy and Commonwealth and NT Government guidelines.
This position is classified as a Level 6 under our Enterprise Agreement and has a base salary of $89,211 plus superannuation and relevant allowances. For further information regarding this position, please contact Chris Kelly on 08 8980 0537.
To be successful you will have:
- Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting/ Diploma of Business (Procurement) or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement/contracts administration out of which at least 2 years senior advisory experience in relevant business practices.
- National Police Check
How to Apply:
You must apply by addressing the selection criteria https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applications may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close 5pm Monday 23 December 2019
Please note interviews will likely be held in the second week of January 2020.