At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on a customer’s face.
So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
- Key role within the Food Group HR team
- Exposure to Woolworths senior leaders
- Contribute to the broader HR strategy
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Culture and People Partner to join our Food Group HR team at our Woolworths office in Sydney.
Reporting through to our Head of Culture and People - Format Development and Stores Support, this is a unique opportunity to make an impact on our business performance through your exceptional partnering ability and talent in identifying opportunities to enhance organisational effectiveness.
Your expertise in driving outcomes through strong relationships with business leaders will focus on building and implementing appropriate people strategies in alignment with business plans. You will possess strong business acumen, excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to think and plan for the long term, as well as the capability to diagnose issues and use data and insights to influence solutions/outcomes.
You will have a passion for understanding your stakeholders and a mastery in embedding yourself into their world as a trusted and collaborative partner. Your highly refined skills in partnering will position you perfectly to interface effectively with leaders and peers at all levels of our organisation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to -
- Develop and implement people strategies that attract, develop and retain talent to deliver on the strategic direction of the business
- Research and analyse people-related data to provide insights, identify opportunities and offer recommendations that will enhance organisational effectiveness
- Drive continuous improvement of HR practices, utilising People Services & Business Services as required
- Proactively manage the implementation of change & culture initiatives
- Provide actionable insights to Leaders on best practice and trends in HR data
- Design and implement tailored communications plans to drive the Portfolio’s People Plan
- Partner with business on organisational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills development.
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on talent development and performance management
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders, and help create a diverse and inclusive culture that align to the Woolworths Purpose, Values and Ways of Working.
How you align with this opportunity -
- You have an exceptional ability to build lasting relationships and partner with stakeholders across all levels of an organisation - a skill that has been developed through your previous experience in a strategic business partner role
- Experience partnering in a fast paced organisation within the retail/fmcg industry is highly desired, as is working in a matrix style organisation
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading organisations through large scale change and transformation
- Strategic and creative thinker coupled with strong commercial acumen
- Experience in demonstrating business impact and outcomes as a result of action taken.