Team Leader - Parks North
Maribyrnong City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader - Parks North
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 ($75,044) plus 10% Super and RDO
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Parks and Open Space Team requires an individual who has several years experience in the delivery of a range of horticultural services and who is committed to providing a high standard of customer service to residents. Supervise the operation of Parks & Open Space Teams to ensure the timely delivery of a quality horticultural service across the City Presentation section of the municipality in accordance with work plans and specified standards.
Ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner in accordance with occupational health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Team Leadership, including leading a highly responsive customer-centric Parks and Gardens team to provide quality value added services
- Providing technical horticultural guidance and advice
- Undertaking gardening duties such as mowing, planting, spraying and pruning
- Ability in operation of a wide variety of plant and equipment is essential to this role.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Qualified horticulturalist and several years' experience in horticulture.
- Proven capacity to develop cyclical planned maintenance programs for parks operations
- Experience in providing direction, leadership and training to team members
- Excellent understanding of occupational health and safety regulations and safe work practices and procedures, particularly relating to arboriculture.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Rigid truck Driver's Licence desirable.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an RDO every fortnight
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application by 10:00pm on the close date.
To download a copy of the position description please visit us at: https://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5947403.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Directions from Victoria's Chief Health Officer require all Council workers to be fully vaccinated unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Pandemic Orders. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement when applying for a role with Maribyrnong City Council.
Enquiries: Ben North, Coordinator Horticulture, Operations and Maintenance. Phone: 9032 4040
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2022
- VIC - Footscray
- Band 5 ($75,044) plus 10% Super and RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time