Assistant Gardener Multi-skilled
Maribyrnong City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assistant Gardener Multi-skilled
Permanent Full Time
Band 3 $64,394.28 plus 10% Super and RDO
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Parks and Open Space Team requires an individual who has several years experience in the delivery of a range of horticultural services and who is committed to providing a high standard of customer service to residents. Assisting the Parks and Open Space Team in the delivery of services within the municipality in accordance with work plans and specified standards.
Ensuring all work is undertaken in a safe manner and observe Council's Health and Safety policies and practices. A practical demonstration of capacity to operate plant will be a condition of the interview process also.
- Maintenance and gardening duties including but not limited to, watering, pruning, weeding, sweeping, mulching, fertilizing, mowing, spraying and planting.
- Ability in operation of a wide variety of plant and equipment, including, but not limited to ride on mowers (front deck & zero turn), tractors and associated implements is essential to this role.
- Assist the Parks and Open Space Teams with the planting initiatives within the municipality and the estimation and ordering of plants, trees and shrubs.
- Undertake regular maintenance on all vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Assist in implementation and operation of traffic management plans.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Good customer service skills.
- Medium Rigid Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Current Victorian Driver's Licence.
- Experience in horticultural maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in operation of a range of plant and equipment utilised in horticultural services.
- Experience in implementation and operation of traffic management plan
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible and inclusive work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an RDO every fortnight
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application by 10:00pm on the close date.
To download a copy of the position description please visit us at: https://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5947523.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Directions from Victoria's Chief Health Officer require all Council workers to be fully vaccinated unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Pandemic Orders. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement when applying for a role with Maribyrnong City Council.
Enquiries: Ben North, Coordinator Horticulture, Operations and Maintenance. Phone: 9032 4040
Applications close 29 May 2022 at 10pm.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2022
- VIC - Footscray
- Band 3 $64,394.28 plus 10% Super and RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time