Your new role
The Senior Planner will be a key part of the Network Service Delivery Division in the Network Coordination Branch. You will be responsible for providing high level expertise in the planning and coordination of all network events and for the scheduling and program management of all network events. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of PTV's Master Schedule of network events, and ensuring project delivery schedules are coordinated and consistent with broader transport network objectives.
You will be accountable for coordinating all planning requirements in a manner that results in the delivery of a safe, integrated, efficient and reliable public transport network with an ‘single minded focus' on minimising customer disruption. You will be required to work collaboratively with a range key and senior stakeholders, including transport operators, project agencies, TfV and a varied range of functional divisions within PTV. This role requires extremely high attention to detail and a focus on accurate, timely and concise reporting and briefing skills and must be able to provide expert communication updates to executive and senior stakeholders across the transport industry.
*Definition of Network Events includes special events (ie: AFL), incidents (ie: TCMS failure), and both planned and unplanned disruptions (ie: Level Crossing Removal Authority, Melbourne Metro Rail Authority or renewal works) that occur on the transport network that have potential to affect PTV ability to provide a safe and reliable public transport service, positive passenger outcomes and /or timely network services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated understanding and extensive experience in the planning of public transport operations with a focus on service planning and customer service requirements.
- Possess high level project management and scheduling skills with a particular focus on planning and implementing event related public transport services.
- Outstanding written communication skills , including preparation of briefings and presentations for senior management, Ministers, Parliament and Cabinet.
- Proven strong communication, negotiation, diplomatic and relationship skills while able to provide expertise thought leadership and direction, at an senior level, across the transport industry
- Ability to collect, monitor, integrate, analyse and evaluate complex information.
- Strong sytem development and administration capabilty. Must be able to operate at high level and have strong understanding of all Microsoft programs.(e: Microsoft Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be joining one of Victoria's most reputable government organisations who will support and develop your career within the organisation. PTV also offer long term opportunities and a company culture that is second to none. On offer is a very competitive remuneration package, modern state of the art offices and the opportunity to develop your career with one of the best government organisations within the industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and Cover Letter or if you have any queries about the position please contact Scott Short on 03 9027 5078. Please review the Position Description to get a better understanding about the role.
Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 10th December 2017.