Your new company
What is PTV ? It is the single point of contact for you to gain information on Public Transport services, fare, tickets and initiatives. We manage Victoria's train, tram and bus services. Our team develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to drive a high performing government organisation. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
PTV helps hundreds of thousands of Victorian's make their way to and from life's events. That may be arriving to work or school, visiting family or friends, attending sporting or entertainment events, whatever it is, WE PLAY A ROLE.
Your new role
We are seeking an Engineer Structures to support the functions of the Technical Services Branch under the leadership of the Principal Engineer, Track & Structures.
Key responsibilities of the role are :
- Provision of timely and reliable engineering analysis and advice pertaining to the planning, development, delivery and operation of all structures across the asset lifecycle in order to ensure value for money outcomes and alignment with PTV policy's, strategies and standards
- Structures engineering management systems, standards, processes, procedures and information implemented and maintained so that the delivery of public transport system engineering services are achieved
- Provision of high quality advice in support of the development of Branch strategic and operational plans, budget preparation and management
- Review of franchisee asset management plans, annual work plans, technical maintenance plans and support technical audits
- Working with customer services representatives to ensure appropriate application of user requirements guidelines
- Planning and co-ordinating technical activities which ensure compliance to the Public Transport Victoria technical and maintenance requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant tertiary qualification in civil engineering
- Excellent skills in the provision of expert and authoritative advice, and recommendations, the application of professional guidance and acumen within the field of civil engineering (structures focused).
- Well-developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify emerging issues, trends and risks, assimilate potential applications and impacts and the expertise to resolve complex operational and sensitive stakeholder problems with respect to civil engineering.
- Experience in review of franchisee asset management plans, annual work plans, technical maintenance plans and technical audits.
- Extensive experience of establishing the standards that support system integration and improve the customer experience.
- Skills in planning and coordinating technical activities which ensure compliance to the Public Transport Victoria technical and maintenance requirements
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be joining one of Victoria's most reputable government organisations who will support and develop your career within the organisation. PTV also offer long term opportunities and a company culture that is second to none. On offer is a very competitive remuneration package, modern state of the art offices and the opportunity to develop your career with one of the best government organisations within the industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and Cover Letter or if you have any queries about the position please contact Ashutosh Sharma on 03 9027 521. Please review the Position Description to get a better understanding about the role.