Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is a statutory authority that acts as a system authority for all public transport and an advocate for public transport users. We are a single contact point for customers wanting information on public transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. PTV aims to improve public transport in Victoria by ensuring better coordination between modes, facilitating expansions to the network, auditing public transport assets, promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
To put this in perspective:
- We have a hand in over half a billion trips across the public transport network annually
- We facilitate 1.6 million trips a day
- We move hundreds of thousands of people around the state daily
In practical terms, we move people towards many of life's most meaningful experiences, whether it be work, education, social engagements, play, or Melbourne's key attractions (e.g. Australian open, AFL games, Royal Melbourne show... take your pick). When masses of people need to get from point A to point B - know that PTV has played a role. While our core business is public transport, we are also working toward a much bigger, longer-term and impactful agenda. We are contributing toward Victoria's liveability and economic development.
While we are continuing to learn and improve, we do in-fact pull off some pretty amazing things. So, If contributing toward Victoria's future excites you, take this ad as an invite to come and work with us.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
About the role
Senior Network Integrity Assurance Manager will be responsible for implementing PTV's network integrity assurance system for RSDD, MMRA, LXRA and other delivery agencies. You will also be required to a provide a summary of network integrity assurance objective quality evidence and subsequent recommendations to all Network Configuration Working Group (NCWG) reviews specified in the NIAP.
You will also maintain a strong working relationship with the Directors, General Managers and staff of the Network Integrity, Projects & Assurance division and other internal/external stakeholders to ensure all projects are assured in accordance with PTV network integrity assurance related policy and procedures.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- A strong understanding of the delivery of major rail sector investment projects and programs.
- A thorough understanding of rail infrastructure and operations to facilitate the assurance of a safe and reliable operating railway.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of systems engineering, requirements management and the assurance process.
- Demonstrated ability to implement an effective configuration management process from initial requirements to managing requirements change during project delivery.
- A thorough understanding of the role of the assurance manager in the development and delivery of complex, highly integrated projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in project delivery excellence through governance and oversight of major, complex investment projects to agreed project life cycle processes and best practice project and program management frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a strategic overview of multiple capital investment projects by effective management of project interfaces to facilitate the successful integration of projects.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, management, technology or other discipline IS mandatory.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents when you hit "APPLY". If you have any questions specific to the role, please contact on 03 9027.
Applications close: 11:59 P.M. SUNDAY, 29 April 2018.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.