- Would you like to be involved in the day to day facility operations across a variety of sites?
- Would you like to help coordinate maintenance, repairs & facilities services within the Vic region?
- Work as part of a specialised technical team in CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services
CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) is responsible for providing support to scientific staff by developing, maintaining and managing the buildings, laboratories and other research infrastructure across CSIRO-owned and leased sites.
CBIS is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Facility Coordinator to oversee maintenance, repairs and general facility operations across assigned sites.
These operations include “hard services” such as building and plant repairs and maintenance-related work and “soft services” such as cleaning, security, waste management and ground maintenance. The Facility Coordinator will also assist in the development of maintenance and services contracts and developing budgets and cash flows associated with these activities.
The work involves out of hours and site call-outs (within the designated area) and the ability to access all equipment at these sites.
The Facility Coordinator may also be required to work at other sites within the Region from time to time as directed by the CBIS Vic Facilities Manager.
Location: Clayton VIC, Australia
Salary: $78K to $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Tenure: Specified term to 30 June 2018
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Relevant trade or tertiary qualification and proven related experience in Building Engineering, Electrical and/or Mechanical Services.
- Proven experience in the coordination and monitoring of repairs and maintenance and minor works and services
- Technical knowledge of building and related engineering trades and services, including essential,hard and soft services
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong sense of customer service with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer software comprising Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume, a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 31st May 2017