- Explore the future of Australia’s farming systems
- Analyse connections between economic activity, energy, resources and food & land use
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO seeks to appoint a leader in applied economics across one or more of biosecurity, agricultural economics, or sustainable resource use encompassing natural resource and environment analysis, policy, and modelling.
To be successful you will be recognized for your expertise and emerging international reputation and seeking to challenge yourself to contribute meeting Australia’s future challenges. You will be keen to apply your skills to address complex interlinkages between resource use, economic drivers, social and technological change, and sustainability in agriculture. A stimulating interdisciplinary setting at CSIRO will encourage you to leverage CSIRO’s world-leading biophysical research in agriculture, biosecurity, and landscape systems. As an ideal candidate you will accept the challenges of exploring the future of Australia’s farming systems and/or the biosecurity risks and opportunities posed by our unique environment and position in the world.
For this role you will be able to clearly demonstrate experience in understanding client needs, working as a trusted advisor, building and maintaining networks, playing a lead role in securing funds for projects at scale involving teams of people, and providing scientific leadership.
Location: Black Mountain ACT
Salary: Attractive salary package is negotiable
To be successful you will need:
- PhD in economics relevant to the position, or qualification and research experience that when taken together are equivalent to a PhD.
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and analytical knowledge including high-level quantitative skills in one or more of biosecurity agricultural, environmental or resource economics, or policy design and evaluation.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience. This should include leadership of interdisciplinary research teams and projects and ability to foster high levels of cooperation and collaboration.
- A track record in the development of and successfully resourcing innovative impact oriented research projects addressing public policy problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, resource a science agenda and foster careers of early to mid-career scientists.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO Land and Water is delivering the knowledge and innovation needed to underpin the sustainable management of our land, water, and ecosystem biodiversity assets. Through an integrated systems research approach we provide the information and technologies required by government, industry and the Australian and international communities to protect, restore, and manage natural and built environments.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 26 Nov 2017