- Do you have the connections, leadership & drive to lead a BD team to deliver $30m of revenue per annum?
- Are you passionate about translating research outcomes into practical innovation & impact?
- Join the CSIRO & support ground-breaking science within the Mineral Resources Business Unit
CSIRO’s Business Development and Commercial (BD&C) function is currently seeking a motivated BD&C Director with a track record in opening doors and developing relationships across the mineral resources value chain. Working with the Mineral Resources Business Unit Director and our leadership and scientific team you will build industry relationships, identify opportunities, manage the pipeline and drive the BD capability of the entire business. The BD&C Director will act as core player in the leadership team.
The position can be located in Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane and leads a small team of dedicated BD&C managers. The team works shoulder to shoulder with science leaders to develop strategic commercial opportunities and manage the opportunity pipeline. The BD&C Director is a crucial member of the Mineral Resources Business Unit leadership team and a pivotal connector to external and internal networks.
Your duties will include:
- Proactively identify and lead the end-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Commercial opportunities to meet financial and impact objectives and effectively lead the BD&C team to ensure a smooth transaction flow and healthy opportunity pipeline.
- In conjunction with the Mineral Resources leadership team, develop and maintain relationships across the resources value chain.
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships within and external to the business unit including senior executives and external stakeholders across industry and government and ensure customer relationships are appropriately 'zippered' to CSIRO executives and science leaders.
- Act as a key connector for both external customer, commercial and professional networks and internal networks such as the wider BD&C function.
- Proactively develop and convert large commercial opportunities to apply and/or commercialise the IP of the Mineral Resources business unit to achieve their growth objectives.
- Provide strategic advice and input to the Mineral Resources leadership team including market trends.
- Lead the continuous development of business and commercial skills and methods within the business unit and take responsibility for the implementation and oversight of BD&C systems & processes and the development of the BD&C culture and capability.
Location: Melbourne, Perth, or Brisbane
Salary: $131K to $145K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Ref no: 53004
To be considered you will have:
- Relevant domain knowledge and experience of the mineral resources value chain from exploration to processing.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with client groups to achieve and grow business development and/or commercial impact with revenue, focusing on return on investment to maximise organisational results.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of commercial and strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic business development and commercial opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting.
- Previous experience in building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in building a high performing team.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 29 January 2018b