- Add value with your capability in property and facilities maintenance services
- Diverse facilities across multiple Victorian sites
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) is responsible for providing support to scientific staff by developing, maintaining and managing the buildings, laboratories and other infrastructure across CSIRO-owned and leased sites.
Reporting to the Operations Manager-Facilities, the Facility Coordinator is responsible for the general facility operations at sites in Clayton, Werribee and Parkville and assists with operations on other CSIRO Victoria sites.
These operations include “hard services” such as building and plant repairs and maintenance-related work and “soft services” such as cleaning, security, waste management and ground maintenance. The Facility Coordinator will also assist in the development of services contracts and developing budgets and cash flows associated with these activities.
The work involves out of hours and site call-outs for all Victorian sites and the ability to access all equipment at these sites.
Specifically you will:
- Maintain effective relationships with site occupants in respect of the provision of property services.
- Assist CBIS Management with the development of site maintenance plans and reports.
- Develop and manage minor works projects, including office fit-outs and staff relocations in offices, laboratories and other research accommodation.
- Coordinate site maintenance, proactively develop projects to enhance reliability and efficiency of use.
- Coordinate site "soft" services including cleaning, security, grounds maintenance and waste management. Assist management with soft services budgets and cash flows.
- Supervise the daily property services works undertaken by staff and contractors to ensure compliance with programs and contracts. Manage, induct and monitor contractors.
- Participate in the Condition Audit Program and annual reviews of site facilities and services.
- Provide support in after-hours and emergency response requirements for sites allocated.
- Maintain up to date property records and statutory records of Essential Services.
- Monitor and report the needs of tenants within the scope of their lease agreements.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: $80,000 - $91,000 plus up to 15.4% super
Term: 12 months
To be successful, you will have:
- A current driver’s license and the ability to travel across sites as required.
- Proven experience in a Mechanical Services-related trade.
- Willing and able to respond to out of business hours call-outs covering all sites within the designated area and able to access all equipment in these locations.
- Proven experience in the coordination of repairs and maintenance and minor works and services including, security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance for a diverse and complex research and support facility.
- Technical knowledge of building and related engineering trades and services, including essential, hard and soft services, relevant to the operation of complex research facilities.
- Solid Interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services
CSIRO has a complex property portfolio of owned and leased facilities that comprise over 1,000 buildings spread across 54 locations within Australia. These scientific and research facilities are diverse both in location and type. CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) is charged with managing the provision, maintenance and operation of all CSIRO's scientific and research facilities.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: PD
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, February 25, 2018