- Influence strategic research direction
- Key leadership role in CSIRO Minerals
- Develop capability to sustain and enhance CSIRO's global reputation
The Research Director sets the vision, strategy and leads a Research Program to deliver outcomes and impact through mission directed, multi-disciplinary and collaborative science aligned to the goals of the Discovery Research Program.
Key Result Areas include:
• Provide strategic direction and a clear focus for the Discovery program that result in world class research and tangible industry outcomes.
• Initiate major research projects with mining industry that significantly increase the impact of our current research.
• Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences.
• Lead research projects of significant size and provide guidance in the execution of projects undertaken by junior team colleagues, including the negotiation of resource requirements.
• Lead engagement with mineral exploration and mining as well as related METS companies with a view to developing collaborative or one-on-one projects.
• Manage projects and budgets to deliver planned outcomes.
• Lead external revenue activities to deliver strategically aligned projects and meet revenue targets.
Salary: Attractive salary package including a motor vehicle allowance and bonus to be negotiated
Location: Kensington, WA
Tenure: 3 years specified term
Ref No.: 57796
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Geoscience, or a closely related discipline.
- Recognition within the minerals industry as an experienced leader in the delivery of applied research to mineral exploration challenges.
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed research team, to build innovation culture and to foster best practice in diversity and inclusion to deliver impact.
- Significant practical experience in the business of mineral exploration, preferably in Australian environments, with a broad knowledge of minerals industry specialisations and research areas.
- Strong track record of business development experience for applied research activity with the minerals industry or with minerals related government programs.
- Deep knowledge and track record of at least one area of specialisation within the broad field of mineral exploration.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in successfully initiating and effectively managing large research, development or demonstration projects with the minerals industry and with collaborators.
Click here to view the full position details and selection criteria.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please upload your CV/resume and cover letter, outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: Wednesday 22nd August 2018.