- Do you have experience in collecting & analysing X-ray diffraction data?
- Help deliver impact to research projects through high-quality analytical science!
- Join CSIRO Mineral Resources and make a difference
CSIRO is seeking an experienced Diffraction Scientist to join the Mineral Resources Characterisation Program’s Diffraction Laboratory. You will be driving the application and development of high-level analytical science to deliver diffraction-based characterisation in a range of mineral and materials contexts.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver diffraction-based characterisation services to internal and external customers.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a dynamic diffraction laboratory and to the development of new diffraction-based capability.
- Communicating the outcomes of:
- Consulting/service work through customer reports.
- Project and/or research work through publications in relevant scientific journals, and through the presentation of results at conferences.
- Contributing to the business development activities of the Diffraction Laboratory
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: $82k to $93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Job reference: 58302
To be successful, you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Minerals/Minerals Processing, Geology/Geochemistry, Physics, Physical Chemistry, Solid-State Chemistry, Materials Science/Engineering or Chemistry.
- A history of undertaking applied research related to minerals and materials characterisation.
- Experience in the collection and analysis, for phase identification and phase quantification, of powder X-ray diffraction data.
- The ability to perform in-situ diffraction experimentation, including implementation of sample reaction vessels for in-situ diffraction experiments, as well as the collection and analysis of data.
- To be able to work effectively within project teams, and to liaise with customers and/or colleagues to establish their characterisation requirements and ensure customer satisfaction.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please load one document containing your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role (Maximum 2 MB). You will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Sunday, 16th September 2018