- Do you have a Bachelors degree with honours in Geology?
- Keen to undertake both microscopy and spectroscopy tasks for fluid inclusion analysis of oil and gas?
- Join our Petroleum Systems Team in this exciting new Support Geologist role
The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work. At senior levels, Research Projects staff may be involved in providing consulting services, science management and/or industry liaison.
Working in the Petroleum Systems Team the applicant will be working with others in the delivery of research projects and the application of CSIRO’s fluid inclusion based microscopy and spectroscopy techniques for regional petroleum geology studies.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking a variety of laboratory-based functions including, but not limited to, sampling of geological materials, rock preparations and database usage.
- Undertaking both microscopy and spectroscopy tasks for fluid inclusion analysis of oil and gas, including petrographic studies, for various research projects.
- Producing written reports, including collation of data from a variety of sources.
- Communicating effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks under limited direction in support of scientific research.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary: AU$62K to AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term
Job reference: 57426
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelors degree with Honours in geology or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with scientific colleagues.
- An understanding of petroleum geoscience and sedimentary basin processes.
- Demonstrated ability in synthesising and interpreting datasets and contributing to reports.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Ability to contribute ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEDT, 7 October 2018.