- Work with world class researchers to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
- Use your skills and make an impact on energy outcomes!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier Science and technology research organisation
CSIRO is looking to appoint an Engineering Geologist/Reservoir Geologist within their Energy business unit. As the successful candidate, you will play an important role in the research into coal mining geomechanics and will help to bring new capability to the team with the aim of enhancing the integration of geology, geophysics, coal mine gas and geomechanics in coal mining research. You will undertake mine site and laboratory investigations, conduct numerical modelling, support the project development and reporting, and contribute to the publication of results.
Your duties will include:
- Collecting geology, hydrogeology, gas and geotechnical field data.
- Interpreting geological information including geological and geophysical logs, maps, records and drawings, and identifying key geological factors
- Applying geological principles to the planning, designing and implementing of geotechnical, geo-environmental and gas investigations
- Undertaking fieldwork autonomously, as well as part of a collaborative team, to complete research and support project requirements for the Coal Mining Program
- Contributing to geomechanics and coal mine gas reservoir modelling studies
- Participating in laboratory studies related to geomechanics, gas or other mining related experiments
- Conducting literature and technology reviews and contribute to publication of project results
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: *CSOF3 – AU $62K – AU $79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*CSOF4 – AU $82K – AU $93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
*This position is offered across two levels, the appointment will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in engineering geology, reservoir geology or reservoir engineering
- Sound knowledge of rock, groundwater, coal seam gas and other natural systems
- Demonstrated experience in mining, petroleum or gas industries or research organisations.
- A background working in highly collaborative environments with the aim of achieving mutual goals and objectives.
- To be willing and able to travel and undertake fieldwork at mine sites.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15 Dec 2018