- Do you have a good theoretical understanding of chemistry?
- Analyse challenging samples for trace elements in concentrated matrices
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Minerals is seeking to appoint an Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor.
As the successful candidate, you will need good theoretical understanding of chemistry and analytical expertise in ICP-OES and ICP-MS analysis as well as Ion Chromatography and Capillary Electrophoresis
In this role you will manage and lead the delivery of analytical chemistry services at Waterford primarily supporting mineral processing research as well as a small number of external customers.
Your duties will include
- Day to day management of the analytical chemistry laboratory.
- Maintaining safety of all users of the laboratory as area custodian.
- Provide Specialist analytical expertise including ICP-OES analysis, ICP-MS analysis, Ion Chromatography and Capillary Electrophoresis.
- Liaise with clients (internal and external) to determine their analytical needs and select appropriate analytical methods to meet their requirements.
Location: Waterford WA
Salary: *CSOF4 - AU$82,450 - AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*CSOF5 - AU$97,276 - AU$112,638 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need
- Relevant degree in chemistry or chemical engineering at honours level or equivalent relevant experience minimum.
- Demonstrated expertise in ICP-OES and ICP-MS analysis
- Demonstrated ability in applying scientific problem solving and research to develop sample preparation and analytical methods to solve complex analytical issues for clients.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 02 January 2019