- Are you ready to make a difference?
- Do you want to contribute to the delivery of facilities management services?
- Join the CSIRO’s Business and Infrastructure Services Team.
As the Facilities Officer, you will provide general assistance in the delivery of facilities management services while maintaining a high level of site knowledge, including an operational view of any BMS style system installed. You will monitor contractors to ensure their service delivery is in accordance with contract conditions and specifications, and matches the agreed level of service in the Service Level Agreements with Business Units at CSIRO.
Your duties will include
- Responding to client requests and undertaking a range of administrative tasks.
- Providing support to senior staff, and delivering precedent-based policy and procedure interpretation and advice.
- Providing assistance to CSIRO staff regarding specific site information and issues, and assisting in the coordination of minor works and contractors for site services.
- Monitoring the daily facilities services works undertaken by CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) staff and contractors to ensure compliance with programs and contracts.
- Participating in annual reviews of site or region facilities and service, and the evaluation and planning of site alterations or development.
- In collaboration with the CBIS Coordinator – Facilities and/or State Manager, contributing to the development of facility operational and maintenance plans and budgets, monitoring cash flows and reporting on the site maintenance activities.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$62K - AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- Proven experience in the coordination of repairs and maintenance, and minor works and services including security, cleaning, waste management, and grounds maintenance for a diverse and complex research and support facility.
- Technical knowledge of building and related engineering trades and services, including essential hard and soft services relevant to the safe and sustainable operation of complex research facilities.
- Proven interpersonal and customer service skills, with an ability to cultivate productive working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with relevant computer software including Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15 February 2019