- Do you have experience in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry?
- Use your skills & work with experienced scientists on large-scale research initiatives
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Energy is seeking a research scientist/engineer for their Thermal & Electrochemical Technologies Group.
You as the successful candidate will work in our Low Emissions Technologies program at QCAT in Brisbane. You will work on a range of applied research projects with a focus on biomass, waste, and coal gasification for the production of hydrogen and other low emissions energy products.
You will have experience in developing and delivering applied research projects, and play an important role in our external engagement and project development activities.
Your duties will include
- Develop, design and deliver client-focussed research projects, or components of large-scale research initiatives
- Work as part of the wider research group on key experimental or modelling aspects of research projects
- Act as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: * CSOF5 - AU$97,276 - AU$105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
* CSOF6 - AU$111,663 - AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need
- Relevant PhD degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, or similarly relevant areas
- Demonstrated practical experience in high temperature and/or pressure experimental systems and industrial processes
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of combustion, gasification and pyrolysis of solid feedstocks
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter addressing the criteria.
Thursday 21 February 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT