- Do you have a flair for project management?
- Do you have the capability to administer capital works projects?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
Work with CSIRO to manage their medium capital work projects while also contributing to major projects including the application of change management principles. Current projects ranging in value from $1 million - $200 million include building construction, refurbishment and environmental sustainability works undertaken in a complex environment, with a focus on whole of life capital and operating costs.
As a Project coordinator, you will be directly accountable for ensuring the project adheres to time, cost and quality requirements and will provide high quality, strategic advice- often in connection with technically challenging issues. Under the guidance of Project Manager, you will operate within the project governance structure and be supported by the capital works project management office (PMO).
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in various project activities, including engagement and communication with key internal and external stakeholders and contractors, in a rapidly changing environment to deliver leading edge project outcomes.
If you think that you have an ability to establish and maintain relationships with senior and key stakeholders within the industry, the government and the community and have a broad knowledge of government policy and extensive experience in managing capital works projects, then this is the opportunity for you!
For this role, you must also be willing to undertake National Health Security check and will be required to undertake domestic travel periodically.
This is a security assessed position; applicants must be an Australian citizen with a current Australian Government security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level or the ability to obtain one.
Your duties will include
- Leading, contributing to, and administering the delivery of medium and major capital works projects
- Managing the administrative aspects of projects including document management and report writing
- Leading the successful delivery of concurrent project activities with a focus on whole of life, client engagement, consultation and change management
- Developing, managing and administering end-to-end project delivery ensuring the project delivers on time, on budget, with compliant and fit-for-purpose facilities
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative and proactive working relationships
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$98K - AU$106K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications or significant experience in a relevant discipline area, such as project management, construction management, architecture, engineering, planning, property management or related areas
- Well-developed understanding of project management methodologies, contract management, health and safety legislation, and Commonwealth procurement requirements including how these functions integrate with capital works activities in a Commonwealth environment
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, work independently, identify and manage risks, and identify and evaluate opportunities that optimise project outcomes in line with CSIRO’s strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders through high level communication skills that can be adapted to the target audience, to achieve project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate and manage a multi-disciplinary team comprised of internal and external project management and consultant personnel, to achieve project outcomes
- An understanding of Government processes (in particular, planning systems and controls, project planning and delivery)
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish- D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 15 August 2019 at 11.59pm AEST