- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Provide leadership & strategic direction for Minerals sensing & sorting
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
CSIRO Mineral Resources is seeking to appoint a Research Director for the Sensing and Sorting program. The program brings together world-leading capability in sensing for improved control in exploration, mining and processing, the application of sensing in bulk ore sorting, and large-scale ore analysis and materials imaging.
The successful candidate will define the vision, strategy and direction of the Sensing and Sorting program, develop and manage a portfolio and pipeline of science, projects and external relationships to ensure optimal science and deliver financial and impact goals to both internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Initiate major research projects with the mining industry that significantly increase the impact of our current research.
- Maintain a world class research capability to deliver on the goals of the Program.
- Manage projects and budgets to deliver planned outcomes.
Location: Lucas Heights, NSW
Salary: Attractive salary package including a motor vehicle allowance and bonus to be negotiated
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in, or equivalent experience, in physics/applied physics, plus relevant research leadership experience.
- Recognition within the industry as an experienced leader in the delivery of applied industrial physics research to sensing and sorting challenges.
- Track record leading a multi-disciplinary research team, to build innovation culture and to foster best practice in diversity and inclusion to deliver impact.
- Significant practical experience in the business of ‘sensing and sorting’, within Australian environments, with a broad knowledge of the industry specialisations, research areas and commercialisation.
- Strong track record of business development experience for applied research activity with the minerals industry or with minerals related government programs.
- Deep knowledge and track record of at least one area of specialisation within the broad field of real time sensor based analysis for the minerals industry.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in successfully initiating and effectively managing large research, development or demonstration projects with the minerals industry and with collaborators.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting Level 1
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 8 December 2020, 11:00pm AEST