- Do you have a strong customer-focused approach?
- Are you comfortable working with multiple stakeholders across a range of tasks?
- Are you looking for an opportunity with great career development potential?
As the CBIS Officer – Facilities, you will provide general assistance in the delivery of Facilities Management services; maintaining a good level of site knowledge, including an operational view of any BMS style systems that may be installed. You will monitor site contractors to ensure their service delivery is in accordance with the contract conditions and their performance meets agreed Service Level standards.
At times you will be required to work at other sites within the State and may also be called on to undertake out-of-hours work. You must be willing to participate in “on call” and emergency response rosters, and will require the ability to access all equipment at the sites in the local region.
In this role you will:
- Monitor the daily facilities services works undertaken by CBIS staff and contractors to ensure compliance with programs and contracts.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the sites, equipment and current maintenance needs.
- Raise works orders or perform minor tasks as required, and assist CBIS Coordinators in minor works coordination.
- Actively participate in the Facilities Condition Audit Program and annual reviews of site or region facilities and services.
- Provide assistance to CSIRO staff with regard to specific site information, tasks and issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of site security services.
- Participate in the evaluation and planning of site alterations or development and provide input to the updating of property records.
- Assist with coordinating the contractors for site "soft" services and provide support to the site in relation other general services.
- Participate in after-hours “on call” roster and emergency response requirements for the sites in the local region.
- In collaboration with CBIS managers, contribute to the development of facility plans and maintenance reports, as well as supervision of activities.
Location: Kensington (Perth) Western Australia
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Residency: Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in Facility Management and coordinating services including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fire, security, cleaning, waste management and grounds maintenance.
- Good interpersonal skills, a customer-focused approach, and the ability to interact confidently with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- The ability to take direction and undertake tasks autonomously and efficiently with a high degree of self-motivation.
- The ability to successfully work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- The ability and willingness to participate in an after-hours "on call" roster and emergency response requirements.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of programs (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A current Australian Class ‘C’ driver’s licence (or equivalent).
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Tuesday 15 December, 2020 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.