Human Resources Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Human Resources Officer
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Grow your Career in HR
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
CSIRO is Australia's national, mission-directed science and research agency. Every day we work to solve the big questions facing our country and the planet. We are proud of what we do, what we have achieved, and the difference we make. A team of Human Resource professionals support the organisation in the management of its people and in the implementation of programs.
The HR Officer will work within a team of HR Business Partners to provide proactive, broad ranging support in our research business units to support CSIRO deliver its strategy and goals. Working alongside other professional services teams you, you will have the opportunity to contribute as a HR generalist and be involved in projects that enhance the effectiveness of our service delivery.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking a wide variety of operational activities. These activities include supporting and facilitating HR practices and processes such as:
- Recruitment and selection processes.
- Performance management processes.
- HR programs within the HR Calendar (Talent Management, Rewards, Vacation Students, Annual Performance Agreements).
- Co-ordinating SAP transactions and reporting needs including headcount and FTE reporting, compliance to mandatory requirements, leave reporting etc.
- Contributing to HR initiatives and projects by performing due diligence, research, analysing data, developing HR metrics and providing administrative support.
- Contributing positively and proactively to a team environment, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Being an active member of the broader HR community and supporting HR projects where appropriate;
- Interpreting and implementing CSIRO standards and procedures to promote consistency, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
- Infrequent Interstate travel may be required in the future.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, or a related discipline and/or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a range of HR issues (i.e. legislative requirements, recruitment and selection, Health and Safety, organisational and staff development and performance) gained through relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated work experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across staff of all levels whilst being flexible, adaptable, having a positive outlook, and exercising diplomacy and confidentiality when required.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply previous lessons as well as possessing an analytical approach to delivering outcomes.
- Proven communicator underpinned by strong written and verbal skills, plus an eye for detail which translates to high quality, accurate outputs.
- Strong systems knowledge, including Office365 and an ability to learn new systems/platforms i.e. SAP (or similar HR platform).
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to work in geographically dispersed teams supporting HR projects as organisational priorities change.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
17th January 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jan 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time