Senior Technical Advisor (Boeing) - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Technical Advisor (Boeing)
- An opportunity for a leader embedded within the Boeing US organisation in Seattle, Washington USA
- A once in a lifetime experience to work closely with the elite of aviation, space and defence
- Join CSIRO in this exciting role today!
CSIRO are proudly presenting an opportunity for a Senior Technical Advisor to join CSIRO’s Business Development and Global team, providing Business Development services across the organisation. As a leader embedded within the Boeing US organisation in Seattle, Washington USA, the role will be the key account manager for this critical CSIRO partner that grows the value and stature of the CSIRO – Boeing relationship.
Over the last 21 years CSIRO has maintained a full-time embedded role within Boeing US. The role is unique within CSIRO offering the successful candidate a once in a lifetime experience to work closely with the elite of aviation, space and defence.
We are searching for highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven individual with strong commercial and technical savvy, demonstrably strong relationship management skills, and an ability to work autonomously in a complex and unstructured environment.
As the successful candidate you will be supported in Australia by a BD&G team comprising of relevant CSIRO Business Units to facilitate engagement with CSIRO researchers and the development of work programs and projects.
The term is for 3 years to allow the candidate to establish and build a working relationship with Boeing US.
Your duties will include
- Refreshing and maintaining a rolling three-year strategic engagement plan for the Boeing US - CSIRO relationship establishing agreed performance criteria and the creation of new business pathways and business models.
- Actively building CSIRO- and Boeing US - networks and relationships to identify and leverage opportunities between the partners, aligned to the strategic priorities of both organisations.
- Identifying, planning and leading the development of revenue generating projects to meet pre-agreed CSIRO commercial objectives.
- Overseeing and actively managing the Boeing US - CSIRO portfolio including the transition of technologies to Boeing for impact and securing IP rights for CSIRO
- Facilitating communication and the development of relationships between Boeing US and CSIRO staff
- In collaboration with the Boeing-CSIRO Steering Committee and other CSIRO staff, leading Boeing focused initiatives, developing and extending the partnership strategy to embrace all relevant Boeing and CSIRO businesses, ensuring performance to plan and agreed metrics.
- Applying a strong knowledge of CSIRO operational policies, processes and commercial governance mechanisms for effective contracting, pricing, IP protection, technology transfer, dispute resolution and pipeline management.
- Planning, coordinating and leading twice yearly Steering committee visits to the US and Australia.
- As a ‘trusted advisor’, providing guidance and recommendations on engagement options to ensure delivery of highest impact CSIRO capabilities to benefit Boeing US business units.
- Raising the internal profile of the account within CSIRO and Boeing and the external profile across the aviation and aerospace industries.
- Informing the development and implementation of CSIRO strategies, business plans and processes in support of CSIRO’s Boeing and North American partnerships.
- Identifying and developing business with US companies where activities do not compete with the Boeing strategies, products and services.
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Salary: AU$141k - AU$157k plus up to 15.4% superannuation (converted to US dollars for US based employees)
-For candidates outside of Australia, a relocation package is available. For candidates out of the USA interstate relocation is available if required
Tenure: Full Time - Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant University qualification in Science or Engineering, or relevant industry experience, an additional postgraduate management qualification is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage effective working relationships with a large and diverse range of scientists, senior executives, and administrative teams to create high value projects, opportunities, and commercial relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving impact utilising superior leadership skills: influence, listening, and leading large virtual, or indirect teams.
- Technical background or aptitude to competently deal with science and engineering aspects of the position, with the ability to understand and communicate with technical experts over a wide range of technologies and engineering disciplines and correlate learnings with CSIRO capabilities to create opportunity.
- A broad knowledge of CSIRO capabilities and a responsive network within CSIRO.
- Proven abilities in setting strategies, research impact objectives, resource allocations, financial targets, and driving performance to plan.
- Proven success in developing, negotiating and closing a wide variety of new business agreements and high value deals with industry partners in line with broader CSIRO strategic goals.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiation, and representational skills, with a demonstrated ability to deliver against objectives and a strong goal orientation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be either:
- An Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident (Dual US Citizenship/PR high desirable)
- If US based - US Citizens/Permanent residence
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
25 November 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 25 Nov 2021
- International - United States
- AU$141k - AU$157k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: