Site Operations Manager
Site Operations Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you enjoy a busy and interesting role involving coordinating and planning?
- Support world-class research facilities with your project management skills
- Join our dynamic multidisciplinary team at CSIRO – the national science agency
CSIRO is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Site Operations Manager to join the CSIRO Agriculture & Food (A&F) business unit, and play a key coordinating role in providing operational support to research staff at our Werribee Food Innovation Hub site!
In this varied and autonomous role, you will lead the coordination of site improvement and development projects, and act as the primary point of contact & bridge between the research staff and CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) team, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) team & other external stakeholders, to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the site, including laboratories and a specialist food grade pilot plant. An also important part of your role will be to build and maintain strong partnerships with these groups to provide timely operational support and maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose. You will also have responsibilities at other CSIRO sites within the A&F unit to manage their operations activities.
Utilising well-developed project management capabilities, this role offers a unique opportunity to hone your operations coordination and people management skills. If you have a background in research infrastructure support, and get motivated by a busy environment, we would love to hear from you!
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the CSIRO Werribee site and operation of the food processing plant by:
- Partnering and collaborating with site leaders, A&F research staff and other internal and external teams & stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and project management to provide A&F with required infrastructure, including office accommodation, food processing pilot plant and laboratories.
- Managing specific projects to improve the functioning of the site, including new technologies and digital options.
- Providing timely operational support, including partnering with CBIS and HSE teams to maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose.
- Coordinating with relevant parties to ensure required building repairs and maintenance (R&M) occurs, both through proactive identification of required activities and in response to research staff requests.
- Providing leadership and project management support for a future National Food Innovation Hub within a broader Australian Food Innovation Centre within Melbourne.
- Providing operational support at other A&F sites, including managing a team of site support officers who provide administrative support across CSIRO sites.
Location: Werribee, VIC
Salary: AU$117K to AU$138K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, and/or equivalent relevant work experience in the manufacturing sector, including knowledge of a factory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and change management methodologies.
- Experience in working with a research organisation and establishing & maintaining relationships with researchers, external partner companies and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, and work effectively as part of, a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and also carry out tasks autonomously.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced work environment and ability to manage competing demands & pressure situations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must meet one of these criteria:
- an Australian or New Zealand Citizen;
- an Australian Permanent Resident; or
- an Australian Temporary Resident, currently residing in Australia, with a valid working visa to cover the length of the specified term (at least until June 2025), without the requirement of visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 May 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- VIC - Werribee
- AU$117K to AU$138K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time