Facilities Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Looking for your next Facilities role?
- Specified term position until December 2023
- Truly make an IMPACT at our Darwin site with CSIRO!
CSIRO are seeking a qualified and passionate Facilities Coordinator for an opportunity at our Darwin site until December 2023. The Facilities Coordinator for CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) is responsible for the smooth operation of site property, buildings, and support services within their area of responsibility. The role typically delivers services including receipt & dispatch (potentially via a Stores facility), reception and administrative duties, fleet site-based management, site security and access control. Responsibilities also include workflow coordination services required to process, allocate and monitor the facilities management related activities for the site.
Working as part of the broader CBIS regional team, the role delivers high quality services and contributes to the establishment and refinement of effective strategies. The Facilities Coordinator coordinates the delivery of facilities maintenance services and daily operational activities, including the provision of efficient corrective and preventative maintenance work. The position holds responsibility for ensuring continuous improvements in workflow systems and processes and asset management, including effective asset monitoring, maintenance scheduling and reporting.
Your duties will include:
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO scientific objectives.
- Liaising with clients to provide timely, responsive customer service and effective communications to achieve a high level of client satisfaction, addressing issues promptly and constructively, using sound judgement when dealing with ambiguity.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients, suppliers and stakeholders to maintain positive, functional collaborative relationships which enhance CSIRO’s reputation and performance.
- Supervising on-site delivery of work related to facilities management including repairs, maintenance, new installations and provision of soft services (including cleaning, security, grounds maintenance and waste management) using the CBIS works order management system. Co-ordinating and monitoring works at all stages through to completion to achieve a high standard of service and as specified in contract documents.
- Tenant management, including provision of services as specified in tenancy agreements.
- Assisting with the coordination and delivery of minor works and other projects, including the drafting of Business Cases, Stakeholder Engagement, Risk Management, Procurement and delivery of works
- The use of IT systems including Work Order Management, Access Control, MS Office and standalone platforms such as Risk/Hazard reporting software.
- Participating in an after-hours ‘on call’ roster and emergency response requirements for the sites in the respective area.
Location: Darwin, NT
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant work experience in the delivery of facility management services, for a diverse range of complex and highly serviced research and support facilities.
- Proven effective interpersonal abilities, including sound negotiation and communication skills and an ability to cultivate productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of procurement processes, including arranging internal or external service providers, approvals, preparation and coordination of technical specifications for tender documents, tender and formal quotation procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction, accept responsibility and take accountability for on-site service provision, including the coordination of trade and other services contractors to ensure delivery of hard and soft services.
- Proficient in the use of IT hardware including Computers, tablets and mobile phones and in the use of software including operating systems, web based and productivity applications (including email, calendar, word processing and spreadsheet).
- Current motor vehicle license, and ability to travel, including interstate.
- The ability to use software including Corrigo, SAP, BMS, Security and Maintenance Management software or similar applications is desirable.
For full details about this role, please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 July 2022, 11:00pm ACST.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Jul 2022
- NT - Darwin
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: