When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $83,452 - $99,518 per annum, plus superannuation, plus Civil Liability Allowance
- location - South Grafton
- access to a leaseback vehicle
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
Our Civil Services team is looking for a friendly, innovative and energetic person to assist with the maintenance of our Civil Assets across the shire. You will need to use your Engineering knowledge to investigate maintenance issues and balance the competing demands that exist in local government. We are also after someone that has excellent communication skills to be able to effectively manage issues with all of the stakeholders, including residents, businesses and our internal staff.
Our Civil Services team have a very diverse role, we maintain approx. 2000km of road network across a large geographical area as well as bridges, stormwater, footpath, cycle ways, boat ramps jetties and much more. You will spend a lot of time out and about in our beautiful shire and will get to know the area well.
We offer a great work / life balance, and STRIVE to make the Clarence Valley a community full of opportunity and this role includes the option of a leaseback vehicle.
Download the position description here.
Ross McCann, Senior Maintenance Engineer on (02) 6640 3551
Sunday, 10 November 2019 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) daylight saving time.
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Rushforth Road Works Depot, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.