Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go
About the role:
The MTM Projects Division recruiting for a Safety & Environment Coordinator to join the SERQ team and support the delivery of projects within the Franchisee portfolio. The Franchisee Projects team oversees a diverse range of projects up to $100m including new/upgraded stations and facilities, track and civil work, and power and signalling upgrades. The role demands a high degree of priority management and initiative.
- Conducting site inspections an audits to ensure projects’ compliance with MTM Safety Management System (SMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Rail Safety National Law (RSNL) and relevant environmental legislation
- Developing and facilitating HSE training and education
- Leading HSE incident investigations to identify causal factors, and presenting findings to various forums
- Implementing/monitoring corrective actions
- Reviewing contractor HSE plans and supporting documentation
- Developing/reviewing HSE procedures, plans and documents to ensure effectual processes
- Liaising with internal and external parties and providing support to project delivery teams and contractors concerning HSE matters
- Liaising with injured persons and return to work coordinators to assist in injury management
- Attending risk workshops to provide HSE specialist advice and technical input and ensure hazards/risks, risk controls, legal and contractual obligations are identified
- Completing HSE business reporting
To be considered for this role it is essential that you demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in OHS/WHS and knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and manage complex scenarios with collaborative problem solving and strong negotiating skills
- Capability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on excellence
- Exceptional ability to communicate oral and written HSE information
- Developing/reviewing, implementing and monitoring HSE management system procedures and documentation
- Experience in incident investigation and causal factor analysis
- Ideally experience in HSE management in the construction/rail industry however candidates with demonstrable tenacity and ability to apply OHS principles in a new environment will also be considered
About the opportunity:
Working in the MTM Projects Division provides an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience and build knowledge to take your HSE career to the next level.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please send your application by COB 3 July 2020
We are looking for Safety and Environmental Coordinators to join MTM