Dam Safety Technical Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Dam Safety Technical Officer
Remuneration: $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
Ongoing, full-time role (Flexible working hours available)
Are you an outcomes focused individual who enjoys working collaboratively? Are you a lateral thinker and possess an eye for detail? Do you value supportive leadership, strong team spirit, openness and integrity in your employer?
Icon Water's Engineering Services team is looking for a new team member to take on the role of Dam Safety Officer. This role has responsibility for undertaking surveillance and monitoring of relevant hydraulic structures and assisting in the management of the Icon Water dam safety program.
What would your day look like?
1. You will undertake inspection, surveillance and monitoring of dams, in-ground reservoirs and appurtenant structures
2. You will assist in the implementing and coordination of the dam safety management program
3. You will provide technical governance for projects to ensure the approved asset objectives are realised
4. You will develop and provide input into technical user requirements specifications
Why choose us?
Engineering Services is part of the Infrastructure Services Group and is responsible for the Dam Safety management function.
Engineering Services is an outcomes focused team with a “can-do” attitude! Providing a service to the business is what we do, so strong business relationships is paramount to our team culture and success. We value our own development and make the time to focus on keeping our skills and knowledge up to date. Most importantly, we value a sense of humour and promote a sense of fun and a strong team spirit in our workplace.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Civil/environment/geotechnical) or a technical officer with extensive experience in geotechnical, civil construction or asset management background.
- Experience and technical knowledge of dam safety and technical knowledge of processes and infrastructure used within the water and wastewater industry.
- Experience in technical report writing, contract management and advanced Microsoft office skills
- Working knowledge of dam safety as specified in the ANCOLD guidelines, Dam Safety Code of NSW and ACT Dam Safety Code.
- Ability to mount a technical ‘argument’ using a variety of communication formats in a convincing manner appropriate to the audience
Who is Icon Water?
Icon Water owns and operates Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are our own customers, so we take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits. You can also hear from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
Here’s a little more about Canberra if you’re not a local!
Recently rated Australia’s most liveable city, Canberra provides a lifestyle that is not for everyone (and we like it that way). It does offer easy access to the great outdoors, quiet residential areas, the country’s shortest median travel time to work (17.4 minutes!) and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing. Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter, resume and brief responses to our selection criteria. Applications close 11 PM Thursday 29th August 2019.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Sunil Hewage (02) 6180 6804 or email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 29 Aug 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environment & Water